10 reasons not to choose OVH as your domain name service provider
- Loss of domain names: A website publisher recently lost its domain name to OVH, highlighting the risks incurred by customers by choosing this provider.
- Poor quality of customer service: Customers often complain about the poor quality of OVH customer service, which can make problem solving and communication difficult.
- Lack of communication: OVH has been criticized for its lack of communication with its customers, particularly regarding domain name renewals and recovery procedures.
- No preferential treatment for loyal customers: Despite a long-standing relationship with OVH, some loyal customers say they receive no special treatment or special advantage.
- High costs without security guarantee: Customers spend thousands of dollars every year on domain names that aren’t secure enough, raising questions about the value for money of OVH’s services.
- Lack of protective measures: OVH does not seem to offer adequate protection measures for its customers, which can lead to loss of domain names and other problems.
- Difficulty recovering expired domain names: Recovering an expired domain name from OVH can be a complicated and frustrating process, with many obstacles and delays.
- Tarnished reputation: Due to these problems and incidents, OVH’s reputation with its customers and the general public has deteriorated, which may make potential customers reluctant to choose this supplier.
- Lack of transparency: Customers often complain about OVH’s lack of transparency regarding fees, terms of service, and procedures to follow in the event of a problem.
- Best alternatives available: Many other domain name service providers offer better customer service, adequate safeguards, and better communication with their customers, which makes these alternatives more attractive than OVH.
In conclusion, it is essential to choose your domain name service provider well to avoid problems such as the loss of domain names and other inconveniences. There are better alternatives to OVH, with providers offering better quality of service, clearer communication, and stronger protections for their customers.